Community Advice is a registered charity that provides free advice and support to the residents of Newry, Mourne and Down on problems they face in their everyday lives. We help clients to access advice via the channel of their choice. This could be to lift the phone, ping an email, or send a WhatsApp, we are here for you whenever you need us.
- Benefits Advice –
- Benefit entitlement check and advice on claiming benefits.
- Assistance with benefit claim forms.
- Assistance to challenge benefit decisions.
- Housing Advice –
- Rent and Repossession.
- Housing Disrepair.
- Anti-social Behaviour
- Family Advice –
- Registering a birth or changing your name
- Having a child
- Relationship breakdown or entering into a relationship.
- Deal with financial affairs after someone has died.
- We can also give advice on and refer you to specialist support services if you have experience of gender violence, child abuse, mental health or addiction issues.
- You can also find out how to deal with things like making a will, registering a birth or changing your name, and where else to go for help.
- Employment Advice –
- Rights and entitlements in work such as pay, holidays, sick pay, maternity and paternity rights.
- Leaving a job – redundancy, notice, final pay etc
- Problems at work – contracts, disputes, discrimination, health and safety
- Debt Advice –
- Free, confidential tailored debt advice
- Budgeting advice
- Solutions to deal with the debt
- Negotiate with creditors on your behalf
- Consumer Advice –
- if you receive goods that are faulty, not fit for their purpose, or described incorrectly.
- if you receive services that have not been carried out with reasonable care and within a reasonable time or for an acceptable price.
- if you think you have been scammed.
- We can give you practical advice on how to resolve your consumer problem and tell you the law which applies to your situation.
- Tribunal Representation –
- We can offer advice on how to challenge a decision or appeal and provide free representation at your appeal from our appeal representative.
- By Phone – Monday to Friday 9.00am – 12:30pm
- By Email
- By Whatsapp Message – 07359004967
- Drop in – Face to Face Appointments, Monday to Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Via Self Referral Form on our website
- Advice4health Daisy Hill Hospital every Wednesday ring main number for appointment
- Southern Area Hospice contact Hospital Social Worker for Appointment
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Maps failed to load
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.