Our service users are of all ages and abilities, we particularly seek to engage those from low income backgrounds, homeless, unemployed, BAME, isolated, disadvantaged, mental health problems, care leavers and single parent families. Our daily activities range from running the Lisburn Foodbank and Social supermarket to Holiday meals clubs and workshops offering support for basic life skills including budgeting, cookery skills and wellbeing courses.
- Kickstart Social Supermarket – is aimed at those struggling with Food Poverty and aims to support families and individuals with food and wraparound care. Once completing an initial ‘needs assessment’ with our staff, we then create a personal goal plan for each client (This plan includes 1 to 1 mentoring, group classes and access to reduced price food).
- More Than Food – Our initiative encompasses all of our volunteer and community based projects. This includes wellbeing workshops such as ‘WRAP’ (Wellness Recovery Action Planning), ‘CAP’ budgeting courses, ‘Holiday Meal Clubs,’ Craft classes and ESOL classes. All of our programmes are totally FREE, and aim to empower positive change.
- Lisburn Foodbank – We don’t think anyone in our community should have to face going hungry. That’s why we provide three days’ nutritionally balanced emergency food and support to local people who are referred to us in crisis. We are part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, supported by The Trussell Trust, working to combat poverty and hunger across the UK.
- Our ‘Money Management course’ helps the client identify spending habits and gives tips on better money management.
- Our clients can also avail of classes in cookery skills, craft class, ESOL classes, employment support, budgeting support and wellbeing courses.
- We also have 2 benefits advisors and a debt advisor who attend our centre on a weekly basis to support clients in need of advice.
- And finally we buy in reduced priced food or receive ‘almost out of date’ donations from local supermarkets which we can then pass on to our clients at a reduced fee.
- By Phone
- By Email
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Maps failed to load
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.