Our professional and highly trained Team deliver a range of support and services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to children, young people, women and men who have been sexually abused, assaulted or raped, whether this happened in the past or more recently.
If you have been recently sexually assaulted (with or without reporting to the police) we offer:
- Forensic medical examination by a specially trained doctor. This is to obtain forensic evidence and is best carried out as soon as possible after an assault has occurred.
- In some circumstances forensic evidence can be stored for up to 2 years to allow time to make a decision about whether or not you wish to report to the Police. (This is only available for people over 18yrs of age )
- Emergency contraception
- PEPSE, if appropriate (this is a course of treatment to help prevent the onset of HIV in those who are at risk, this must be administered within 72 hours of the assault)
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Emotional support
- Support in making a report to the Police
- Referral on to counselling and/or other appropriate support services such as a local GUM clinic, Victim Support NI. ASSIST NI
- Follow-up support
- A 24 hour advice and information line 0800 389 4424
If you were sexually assaulted weeks, months or even years ago (with or without reporting to the police) we offer:
- Referral onto counselling and/or other appropriate support services
- Advice and screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Informal discussion with a specially trained police officer, if requested
Translation services are available if English is not your first language.
By Police via 999 or 101
Self Referral on 0800 389 4424
During office hours 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, your call will be taken by a member of the Team who will assist you. Outside of these hours, when you phone the same number, your call will be taken by an operator who will take your details in confidence and you will receive a call back from a trained member of the Rowan Team.
If you do not want to make that first call yourself you can ask a friend, family member or any professional or support worker to help make the contact.
Please do not use the email address to contact us in an emergency as this is not monitored 24 hours a day
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.